1.“Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 5, 29,076 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 73 Balwadis, 1,782 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1820 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 15 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 4 places, in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts in which 732 were treated for their eye ailments and 252 were operated for cataract.
5. In 211 Samskara Vargas, 6266 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 34 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 64 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 246 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 10764 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 855 Kgs of rice from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi and Ramnad districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 45,743 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 106 for one year, one for two year and one for three year were collected. Also contributions were received for 15 as Patron.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, 01 in Kovilpatti and 01 Aruppukottai in which 23 persons attended.
13. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 69.
14. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 179 members participated.
15. Durga Pooja was conducted at 02 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 228 devotees participated.
16. 1008 Deepa Poojas was conducted in Nainar Kovil in Ramnad district where 1114 devotees participated.
17. Parents meeting held at Thoothukudi in 4 place where 93 parents participated
18. Guru Poornima was celebrated in 45 places in all 5 districts where 3751 people were participated.
19. Balwadi teacher refresher camp was held between 30.06.2013 to 03.07.2013. Teachers from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram & Viruthunagar,districts attended the camp. Totally 139 teachers attended the camp. During the camp all the teachers were well trained.
20. Social workers refresher camp was held between 05.07.2013 to 08.07.2013 at Kanyakumari and 32 workers participated.On 8th July Vahana pooja was performed.
21. Swami Vivekanandar Maha samathi day was observed and Anna Pooja was also performed on 04.07.2013 in the Avaikoodam situated at our Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari. In that function nearly 20,000 kg. Rice which was collected in Kanyakumari and Tirunelveli districts wherein General Secretary Bhanudass gave special. Address. Well wishers from 5 districts VK Vidyalaya students and teachers from Kanyakumari & Vallioor and Kendra workers participated. Nearly 1200 people were served with noon meals.
22. This month, we have distributed the rice which was collected through Amrit Surabhi and Anna Pooja to Balwadi children, old poor people and the institutions as mentioned below:
R.Latha – Eravi pudur- Kanyakumari District
In our balwadi two children named Abi and Priya are studying. The parents of Priya took her to another school for studies. When the school authorities asked questions Priya has answered very well in a good manner. They have asked her as if where she was studied. She has replied as she has studied in Vivekananda Kendra Balwadi. On hearing this incident another parent who went there brought their last child to our balwadi for admission. This made me to feel proud of our balwadi.
N.Chandra, Social worker Ambai - Tirunelveli District
During the month of June we conducted 1008 Deepa Pooja at Ambasamudram. When we went to the village for issuing the permission cards the village people were waiting with eagerness to get the cards and received all the cards. Donations were received without any hesitation. Also they came along with us for the collection of donations. Constant efforts will yield good results was my experience. Initially we will have to work hard. But if we work hardly definitely we will get good results. This is my experience.
T.Padmavathy – Vallankumaranvilai - Kanyakumari District
When I joined as a teacher in our balwadi, one boy named Shenbaga Perumal a cultural class student was studying. I used to tell about the stories of the people who have worked for the nation. With an intension to serve for the nation he joined in the army and discontinuing his studies at the second year of B.Com. After the completion of 20 years service he came to his native place of Sarakkal Vilai.When he came to know that I am taking the cultural class she brought his two sons and told them that he studied under me in the cultural class when he was a student. Further he informed that like wise he instructed his two sons to have national interest and must study for which I am unable to forget.