1. “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 7, 83,069 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 74 Balwadis, 1,898 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 2019 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 2 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 477 were treated for their eye ailments and 95 were operated for cataract. 78 persons given eye drops and 49 persons given spectacles.
5. In 179 Samskara Vargas, 7568 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 28 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 109 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 229 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 11323 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 1011 Kgs of rice from Thoothukudi and Ramnad and Virudhunagar districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 58,949 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 149 were collected.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 01 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 14 persons attended.
13. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
14. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 214 members participated.
15. Durga Pooja was conducted at 02 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 142 devotees participated.
16. Rural Block level competitions was held in all the five districts as detailed belows:
Total No.of.competitions – 10
No.of.Schools – 74, Students – 1828
No.of.Parents – 50, Teachers – 100
17. Urban District level competitions held at Aruppukottai
No. of Schools – 16, Students – 232
No.of.Parents – 30, Teachers – 29.
18. Universal Brotherhood day celebration was held on 11.09.14 in 69 places in southern five districts and nearly 3133 people participated.
19. Parents Meeting & Mathru Pooja was conducted in Ramnad district at 7 places.
20. 1008 deepa pooja was conducted in Kommadikottai in Thoothukudi distict where 1225 people participated.
21. Navarathiri Sri Sakthi Yagna Pooja celebration was held during 25.09.14 to 03.10.14 . The Poojas were held in a 9 places around Thoothukudi and nearly 225 people participated.
22. Youth camp was conducted at Kovilpatti in Gownian Mat. School 37 students from Hr.Sec. Schools and Colleges participated.
23. Balwadi teachers training campwas held between 11.09.2014 to 20.09.2014. Teachers from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi & Ramnathapuram districts 28 teachers attended the camp. During the camp all the teachers were well trained.
This month, we have distributed the rice which was collected through Amrita Surabhi and Anna Pooja to Balwadi children, old poor people and the institutions as mentioned below :
1. Hindu Primary School Thirumalapuram - 100 Kgs
2. Avwai Ashramam - Sivasailam - 100 Kgs
3. Mounagurusamy Maha Samathi Beedam,
Lakshmipuram - 100 Kgs
4. Chithralaya Sevalayam Chitharal - 50 Kgs
5. Mounagurusamy madam, Thootioodu - 100 Kgs
6. Mahathma Ganthi Arakattalai - Vasudevanallur - 100 Kgs
7. Anbu Aasiramam - Tiruchendur - 50 Kgs