1. “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 7, 78,921 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 74 Balwadis, 1,998 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 2056 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 4 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 653 were treated for their eye ailments and 106 were operated for cataract. 73 persons given eye drops and 36 persons given spectacles.
5. In 187 Samskara Vargas, 8534 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 28 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 107 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 218 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 11360 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 967 Kgs of rice from five districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 37,178 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 104 for one year, Also contributions were received for 2 patrons..
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 23 persons attended.
13. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
14. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 203 members participated.
15. Durga Pooja was conducted at 03 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 186 devotees participated.
16. Rural Block level competitions was held in all the five districts as detailed belows:
Total No.of.competitions – 5
No.of.Schools – 41, Students – 794
No.of.Parents – 65, Teachers – 415
17. Cultural class conference was heldin Vallioor at Nellai district during December 2014. Nearly 245 students from 22 cultural classes participated in the function.
18. Anna Pooja was performed at Paramakudi in Ramnad district and 210 devotees participated in the function and rice collection up to 6500 kgs was collected.
19. Mathru Pooja was conducted in Vijaya Achambadu and Nagalapuram 60 devotees participated.
20. Parents meeting was conducted in Kanyakumari district at 4 places and 105 parents participated.
21. VACS Hr. Sec. School Level boys camp was conducted at Kanyakumari from 27.12.2014 to 30.12.2014. 237 students from 60 schools participated in this camp.
22. Geetha Chanding was performed at 10 places in 4 district and 768 devotees attended.
23. Environmental awareness camp was conducted in seven places near Courtallam and 54 students were participated.
24. 1008 Deepa Pooja was conducted in Thoothukudi Sri. Sankara Rameshwar Temple where 800 devotees participated from 30 villages.
25. PDC Camp was conducted in Vallioor where nearly 100 students were participated.
SRI. KAATHAPPAN – SOCIAL WORKER – THOOTHUKUDI DISTRICT
On 31.8.2014 I was travelling in the bus towards Tiruchendur.One person who was sitting by my side wished me by mentioning my name. He introduced himself to me by saying that before 17 years he had participated in the cultural class competiton in which I was acting as the Judge. He has also won prizes. At present he is attending RSS Camps and he is playing Nadaswaram in functions. He has also participated in a function at our Vinayagar temple of Kanyakumari campus. He informed me that he is ready to attend any Kendra’s; function to play Nadaswaram at free of cost and also gave me his contact number. This incident impressed me very much.
V.JANAKI PUSHPAM –INCHARGE - VALLIOOR – TIRUNELVELI DISTRICT
Once I went to my family deity temple along with my family members which is situated near papanasam which is called Sorimuthu Iyanar Temple to celebrate a function. At that time nearly 30 persons from Adaichani came there in a van and each and everybody enquired my welfare. Also everybody gave me prasadam also to me. On seeing this my family members felt so happy and also informed me that their love and affection towards me was boundless. All of them have studied when I was working as a Kendra teacher which was remembered by them. My balwadi students, cultural class students have been grown up and have not forgotten me. I felt so happy at that time.