1. “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 7, 68,538 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 73 Balwadis, 1,946 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1763 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 4 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 542 were treated for their eye ailments and 107 were operated for cataract. 13 persons given eye drops and 46 persons given spectacles.
5. In 178 Samskara Vargas, 6954 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 28 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 106 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 230 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 10854 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 914 Kgs of rice from Thoothukudi and Ramnad and Virudhunagar districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 41,541 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 148 for one year, 2 Yuva Bharathi were collected. Also contributions were received for 26 patrons.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 01 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 14 persons attended.
13. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
14. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 215 members participated.
15. Durga Pooja was conducted at 02 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 150 devotees participated.
16. Rural Block level competitions was held in all the five districts as detailed belows:
Total No.of.competitions – 17
No.of.Schools – 147, Students – 2302
No.of.Parents – 223, Teachers – 99
17. Urban District level competitions held at Aruppukottai
No. of Schools – 50, Students – 584
No.of.Parents – 84, Teachers – 90.
18. Cultural class conference was held at Eraviputhoor in Kanyakumari district. Tenkasi in Tirunelveli district and Sayalkudi and R.S.Mangalam in Ramnad district during the month of October 2014. Nealy 552 students from 32 cultural classes participated in the functions.
19. Vivekananda Kendra - Aruppukottai Branch
As per the request of Sri. G.V.Govindarajan
President of Aathipatti Panchayat union one borewell was made in a village where in 150 houses are there and nearly 600 peopleare benefited with drinking water. The Financial assistance for digging bore well was made by Yogada Satsanga Society of India , Ranchi. All the village people expressed their sincere thanks to Yogada Satsanga Society of India and Vivekananda Kendra. 20. Sree Skanda Sasti Festival was celebrated in Mallankinaru, Virudunagar District. Competitions were conducted wherein 97 boys and girls participated. Bajans were held. Prizes were also distributed. 21. Saraswathi Pooja function was celebrated in 44 places and 1455 people participated. Similarly Vidhyarambha vizha was celebrated in 3 schools and 80 students participated.
M.SHENBAGAM, K.THANGAMMALPURAM - THOOTHUKUDI DISTRICT
In our balwadi Suriya a child aged 3 ½ years has joined during the month of June and she is coming from Soorangudi. During the time of lunch she was giving the plates to other children one by one. Sometimes rice will be falling from the plates. On seeing that scene Yowan an old student approached her and asked her to sit down and he will do the job and did it. While I was thinking to tell her, Yowan has told her which impressed me very much.
N.CHANDRA, SOCIAL WORKER – THIRUNELVELI DISTRICT
1008 deepa pooja was performed in Agastheeswarar Thirukovil at Ambasamuthiram during the month of June 2014. Two days before the pooja I brought all the things of the pooja in to my house and kept. Those who visited my house asked me about the box and I explained them that it contains the pooja things. Immediately they fell before the box and worshipped and went. Next day our neighbor has heared the death news of our distant relative. They have not informed us the death message because the pooja things were in our house and the Anna Poorani is also residing with us. After the pooja is over when I heared the message I wondered about their devotion to the God and I felt the spirituality in my heart increased.
S.RENUGA BAI, SOCIAL WORKER – KANYAKUMARI DISTRICT
In our balwadi during rainy season water will come inside the school. So we requested the people to take necessary steps and to construct a wall on that side. But nobody came forward to take any steps. So I told all the parents that the balwadi is being runfor the benefits of the children of nearby villages. Also I warned that the matter will be taken up to the knowledge of our higher authorities and the balwadi may be shifted to some other place. On hearing this one parent came to me and offered Rs.1000/- and some other parents have also came to me including some Muslim parents for the help. I came to know that some selfless people are also there to help which impressed me very much.